Monday, May 21, 2007
Introduction
Hi, my name is Haley Unroe and I guess I can call myself a senior now. I am an interdisciplinary major with minors in PK-6 Math and Social Studies. I am from Covington VA, a small town about two hours away from Tech. I am at home for the summer to work as well as take this course. When I graduate I hope to enter the education field and teach kindergarten and possibly younger. One thing that many people find interesting about me is I have never flown on a plane in my entire life. I have not taken any women’s studies classes before this, and am excited to see what this course has to offer. There is nothing specific that I hope that we cover, I am more interested in finding out what I can take away from this class. The only reservation I have about this course is being able to keep up with the course work. I will be working two jobs during the summer and hoping I can find time to keep up with this course. I think they only stereotype I have about feminists is that the majority of them bra-burning, man-hating women that have a chip on their shoulder. I do know however that the majority of feminists are not like this, but are strong women who stand up for what they believe in. This stereotype is just what comes to mind when I think of the world feminist. I think you used the cartoon at the top of the page because this, to me, is a slight bit of a stereotype of a feminist. I feel that when a lot of individuals think of the word or idea of a feminist, they think of a woman who wants to blame a man for everything that has gone wrong. So by saying that “if you use your imagination you can blame men for anything” places women in the man-hating mold.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Welcome!
Post a Comment