Kate Bornstein is the author of My Gender Workbook. Kate understands gender as more than male and female. She sees gender as more than the presence or absence of a penis. She feels that how we identify ourselves determines our gender.
I scored a 170 on the Gender Aptitude Test. This test made me feel very confused, but not confused in a gender way. I just felt that some of the questions didn’t make sense and I didn’t agree with some of the answers that we were given a choice of. I think that someone would design a test this way because the questions and answers are both very ambiguous. Phrasing the questions and answers this way makes it hard to choose the result you want. In many tests, you can figure out the direction of the questions and answers and make the test come out the way you want it to. This test is the exception to this, so it shows what you truly think. I think something we can learn from this testing product is that gender can be more ambiguous than we think. It shows that there many be more genders than just male or female and that it might be more than the presences or absence of a penis.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment